This has enabled him to diagnose and care for patients from infants through senior citizens.
He is well-qualified in the fields of sports medicine, diabetics, geriatrics, and reconstructive/cosmetic surgery.
Dr. Burns attended college on the east coast at Western Maryland College. He got his Podiatry education at the Penn College of Podiatric Medicine.
He then spent his surgical training at Kern Hospital for Special Surgery in Michigan.
He also served there as a clinical instructor to the resident program.
Dr Burns was also invited to be an Examiner for the American Board of Podiatric Surgery.
After spending 5 years in practice in Michigan, he moved to Monterey/Salinas and began his practice in 1984.
- Diplomate- American Board of Podiatric Surgeons
- Diplomate- American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics
- Fellow- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Fellow- American College of Podiatric Orthopedics
and Primary Medicine
- Surgical Approach to a Displaced Ankle Fracture
- Modified Wilson Bunion Procedure
- Diplomate, American Board of Podiatry Examiners
- Pi Delta National Honor Society
- Stirling Hartford Anatomical Honor Society
- Tri Delta Biological Honor Society
- Basic Science Award , PCPM
- Salutatorian, THS
- Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- California Podiatric Medical Association
- Monterey Bay Podiatric Medical Society